Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 7

One week down....

I like change. I guess that's a good thing seeing as how I married into the military. I never thought I would marry anyone in the service --the first time Nathan asked me out I actually told him I didn't date military (he asked me out a total of 3 times. I guess the 3rd time I figured I better say yes or else he was going to stop asking). Though I thrive with change, I still get those sad feelings when I leave something or someone. It's like the feeling you get when you are finally done reading a really long book. It's a good feeling, but it makes you feel a little melancholy at the same time. I didn't realize how much I was going to miss my house here and all of my wonderful friends. I have met so many great people here and I am truly going to miss them all.
My house is pretty much empty. N and I are sleeping on the floor tonight. Funny how that works --when we moved in this house last year I was 8 months pregnant sleeping in a sleeping bag on the floor with Nathan... This time I am sleeping on the floor with my beautiful baby, wishing I could share this last night in this house with my husband.
Today I finally did the dreaded chore of cleaning out the refrigerator. My mother would be appalled to know that I haven't scrubbed it out the entire year I have lived here... And you could tell... It took me about an hour to complete but I now have a sparkling clean, brand new refrigerator! I also decided that today was the day to wash Nathan's clothes. I really didn't want to. I guess I felt that somehow not washing his clothes was going to make him closer to me. Nope, he is still 7000 miles away and now his clothes are all clean, packed and ready to go in storage.
Tomorrow ends a chapter in my life and I guess I am ready to start a new one --not that I have a choice or anything. Hey, at least my life is never boring! I think I learned to adapt to my surroundings really fast as a child. Being the 3rd out of 8 daughters kind of makes you learn to just go with the flow. We always had something going on whether it was going to music lessons, school, teen skates, bible quizzing, praise team, church, karate, theater, having friends over, going over to friends houses, making a meal for someone, you name it, we probably did it. Even if we weren't running somewhere there was always plenty going on just with us kids. I guess God was preparing me for a life of constant change. He knew that I needed to marry Nathan simply so that I wouldn't get bored. It's funny how it annoys me that N always has to be doing something new or else he gets bored... I guess I see now where he gets it from. Oh well. My life always has something new going on and it's a good thing that I don't need a lot of stability because pretty much the only stable thing in my life is God and my family (which I am truly thankful for). But God has prepared me for this and He is always faithful. Here goes to my new life. I'm excited :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment