Sunday, November 21, 2010

People are so silly

I started work this past weekend. I only had one irate customer so I think I am doing pretty good :-). I had started with cutting the length off, which is how I always start, and she said told me I wasn't doing it right. Of course I wasn't... (note the sarcasm) So I said I was sorry and asked what she meant. She explained to me yet again and I started and she asked if there was someone else who could cut hair. I got my manager and she started to cut her hair and the lady said to just never mind and got up and left.. Since she only got a small part of her hair cut her hair was totally uneven. Ohhh well! Her choice.. So many psycho people in this world. I swear I meet more and more everyday. Sometimes I honestly think the only sane people in this world are my close friends and my family. (and then even....oh, nevermind) so pretty much if you aren't my friend then you are a psycho.
I missed a call from my sexy boyfriend Nathan today (quit freaking out and judging me. He's my husband). It was ok though because I got a voicemail to listen over and over again to and he called me back about 15 minutes later. He really didn't have any news. Just said he is getting settled into his new FOB.
I went to Gram's house today. I miss her so much and I can't believe she has already been gone a month. I know it's gay but I think in a way I thought she was never going to die. I feel sad that N won't remember her at all. I am sooo glad we did the 5 generation picture back in May when I came home....
I go in and out of missing Nathan (don't get me wrong, I miss him ALL the time but sometimes I miss him more than others). Having a job has helped a lot. It keeps my mind busy. I think after the holidays I might start piano lessons back up and maybe even Karate if I can find a school I like. I think Nathan would like me to explain that he is NOT being shot at all the time and I make it sound like he is. lol I told him that he is IN A WAR ZONE and everybody wants to kill him so he can just stop trying to make me feel good....
I went to church today... I normally don't like church but today I actually did like the pastor. Several people came up to me and asked me how old I am... I guess they just figured I was a teenage single mom. So what if I am? Way to make me feel like a freak! This man came up and asked where the babies dad was. I said Iraq. Then he went on to tell me that Iraq is a "green zone" and it's totally safe there. Okay. Thanks. And also that the base they have over there has a wall around it and nothing can penetrate it. Suuuure.... He didn't even realize that there is more than one base in Iraq. It's amazing how fast I forgot what being a civilian was like. Everyone here makes a big deal that my husband is deployed. It's pretty normal to me. Most of my friends husbands are deployed too. It's a part of life. I think everyone should have to serve at least 2 years in the military. Well, all males anyway. They do in Israel! Maybe I should just become the president. I think I could fix America. :-D

2 comments:

  1. This had me laughing the whole time I read it! People are crazy!! Especially all those people with their comments at your church! I like your idea of making serving 2 years in the military mandatory. Can I be your VP?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! I can totally hear you saying all of this...when are you and N gonna roadtrip to the real south??? :)

    ReplyDelete