Saturday, November 6, 2010

Deployment Day 1

November 05. 2010
Deployment Day 1.
This morning the very thing I have been dreading happened. Nathan deployed. We got up around 2:50am and were out the door at 3:15. Nathaniel and I were able to stay with Nathan until around 5am. This could very well be one of the hardest things that I have ever done before. I already miss him so much. It doesn’t seem like it’s only been a day. It seems like it’s been a week. I didn’t want to pick up any of his dirty clothes or put his dirty dishes in the dishwasher. I felt like if I did it would mean he is really gone.
We were going to stay up all night but we ended up falling asleep around 11:30pm. We fell asleep in each others arms and we woke up that way too. Up until 11:30pm we watched several episodes of Lost, ate Papa John’s pizza, pudding pie, and drank sparkling grape juice. I gave Nathan one last foot massage and rubbed his back with his favorite lotion.
Nathan gave me his ring to keep for him while he is gone. I hate knowing he isn’t wearing it. I understand why he didn’t want to bring it though.
I miss him. I love him so much. A year is such a long time. Such a very long time…
Deployment Year Goals:
1. To read my bible EVERY day
2. Fast once a week and pray for our soldiers
3. Get in the best shape of my life
4. Lose 40lbs
5. Don’t waste any days. Always be learning.
6. Learn to be patient with my son

1 comment:

  1. You are an incredibly strong woman. Praying for you and your sweet little family.

    ReplyDelete